We all have items of clothing that are special to us.
Whether its that pair of designer shoes you finally treated yourself to or that vintage scarf your grandma gave you… There are things in your wardrobe that are precious and speak to you of a special time, person or moment.
I like to call these my heirloom pieces- things I’ll pass down to my girls when they are older. I’ll tell them the story of the why, or the who, or the where, and then they can add their own memories to it.
One of these pieces I’ve recently rediscovered lurking in my wardrobe.
And the story is this;
- One day boy meets girl.
- Boy whisks girl off to Rome after only 4 weeks of knowing each other.
- Boy and girl fall in love.
- Boy insists on buying girl something nice from a posh shop on Rome’s Via Condotti .
- Girl not really into that sort of thing, but agrees to browse said posh shops.
- Girl eventually finds something she actually likes (she’s a bit fussy about clothes) in Armani.
- Boy treats her to the stripy blazer (January 2006)
Do you have heirloom pieces in your wardrobe?
This blazer reminds me of that trip to Rome, how I felt going into the designer shops, the light outside, the hot chocolate’s in the piazza’s, the absent minded strolling we did through the most beautiful city. And falling for the man who would become my husband.
Here I’m wearing it with;
- Spotty George at Asda top (see previous outfit details)
- Gap jeans & belt
- Nine West Gladiator sandals
- Vintage saddle bag
Its probably from the 1970s and on the small side but it makes a lovely change from carrying around my regular bag which always seems to be overflowing with stuff.CLICK HERE