Ancoats Dispensary has been around since 1872…. Currently under threat from developers who want to make quick cash by knocking it down and turning the land into flats, members of the local community are putting up a fight and trying to save this beautiful building.
To add your voice to the campaign please click and sign this petition– with over 1300 signatures already it will help strengthen the chances of this neo-gothic piece of Manchester heritage.
Ancoats is an area of Manchester that has had some investment, but this has been disjointed in parts and after public consultation the aims of the campaign to preserve and restore the dispensary will be;
• Provide a civic and social space for community use
• Provide culturally diverse opportunities for personal development
• Provide a creative platform to heal community fragmentation
• Provide intergenerational projects to remember the successful years of the Dispensary
• Provide commercial space for small local business to fund the Dispensary’s running costs
• Provide flexible rooms for events such as celebrations, therapy and creative arts
If Victoria Baths is anything to go by, with its vast programme of events- public and private, this is an opportunity that cannot be bulldozed to the ground.