You may have noticed a few lovely photographs in some of my recent posts on here and social media. They were taken by Emmylou at Chiaroscuro.
Chiascuro is prononced kee-ar-uh-SKYOOR-o and it is Italian, from chiaro (clear, light) + oscuro (obscure, dark). It relates to Emmylou’s style and her love of light and shadow.
I love her soft, dreamy and moody photography. She always makes the most of the natural light (hence the biz name) and the images she creates are all the better for it.
Emmylou is a rather brilliant photographer and stylist, based just outside of Manchester. After chatting online and then meeting in real life (IRL!) we found we had a lot in common. Weird things like both knowing of, and experiencing a weird toll bridge nearby where I used to live. Like both having done Fine Art degrees, and loads of other things too.
She captures the moment, the details, the memory. With the end result being timeless.
The other thing is that Emmylou is really easy to work with. More often than not I feel awkward in front of the camera, and that often comes across in the shots. For this shoot, I was at home, so automatically much more relaxed. Also, because Emmylou is so chilled and chatty I almost couldn’t tell the difference as to when she was taking the photos, and when she wasn’t!
I’ve teamed up with Chiascuro to run a photoshoot giveaway. One lucky reader can win a shoot! Read on to find out more…
- The winner will enjoy a three hour shoot with EmmyLou, to include multiple clothing changes.
- The winner will receive around 30 downloadable images fully edited in Chiascuro’s beautiful style (turnaround approx 4 weeks)
- These photographs can be portrait, fashion, interior or lifestyle, or a mixture.
- The images may be included within the Chiaroscuro blog
To win a three hour shoot with EmmyLou, to include all the above, you need to enter using the widget below
- The photoshoot location must be within a 30 mile radius of Manchester City Centre
- You must be over 18
- Images must be fully credited at all times when used on social media or websites
- The shoot must be take place in October or November 2017