Anyway Carat are a forward thinking media agency, and they’ve hosted several of the blogshops before. The one I was attending was Lifestyle which seems to suit my blog best I think?
There were brands in attendance such as Matalan and Holland & Barratt, and lots of food and drink to keep us all going. I unfortunatly couldnt stay for the whole thing but in the short time I was there I did learn some really interesting (to me anyway) bits of information.
- Get a Tumbler- easy to update and a good source of traffic
- If you arent on Instagram then get on it asap as its a huge source of traffic espcially with the # searches
- Vlogging is the way forward- YouTube is only second to Google search search engine wise
- Pinterest has grown phenomenaly this year and is set to get bigger in 2013
- Google+ is the next big thing- I’ve shyed away form this as I found it tricky to use but will give it another go. Apparently Google is biased when searching and will rank those with a Google+ account higher than those without.
So blogging eh! Who knew?
PS- Any tips for using Google+ would be greatly appreciated as it seems very alien to me- thanks!This is my thinking face…
PPS- Don’t forget my Christmas Giveaway!!
Bye for now x